The Monadnock Energy Hub (MEH) pursues effective and achievable initiatives that
- reduce greenhouse gas emissions,
- accelerate the adoption of energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies,
- and improve energy security and resilience throughout our communities.
The Hub’s first action in January 2018 was to establish a steering committee. This committee, with input from the collective of Hub members, produced the following results since its inception.
- Authored a Governance Document
- Secured Initial Funding
- Prepared and disseminated a job solicitation for a contracted Program Coordinator and conducted interviews with applicants.
- Drafted a Two-Year Strategic Plan to be implemented by the Coordinator in collaboration with the Steering Committee and other Hub members.
- Cultivated initial relationships with several dozen Hub members representing at least fourteen Monadnock area cities and towns.
- Hired Mary Ewell as MEH Program Coordinator
- The Steering Committee in collaboration with NH Sustainable Energy Association (NHSEA) and Local Energy Solutions (LES), continue to work closely with the Program Coordinator to execute the Two-Year Strategic Plan.
The mission (from the Strategic Plan) of the Monadnock Energy Hub (MEH) is to pursue effective and achievable initiatives that reduce greenhouse gas emissions, accelerate the adoption of energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies, and improve energy security and resilience throughout our communities. We promote and organize community actions that strengthen the local energy economy during the urgent transition to renewables and we aspire to have our region meet all of its electricity needs with renewable energy by 2030, and all of its heating and transportation needs with renewable energy by 2050.