MSHub partnered with the Cheshire County Conservation District (CCCD) to pursue a
Community Supported Solar project for local farmers.
History of the Project
- At the end of 2018, the Thomas W. Haas fund of the NH Charitable Foundation awarded CCCD a grant to reduce the cost to farmers to join the project.
- From October 2018 to March 2019, we developed a PowerPoint presentation and brochure to spread the word about this initiative to local farmers including this project overview graphic (click on image to enlarge):
- Three informational sessions were held in March and more than 50 farmers and other interested parties attended. Marketing materials were used during these sessions.
- In April, MSHub focused on finding a host site; two promising locations were identified, while CCCD worked to expand the group of interested farms.
- MSHub determined its solar installation partner for this project would be ReVision Energy
- Owed for better allocation of resources.
- Sun Moon Farm in Rindge was determined to be the preferred siting location for the CSS project. MSHub, CCCD, Sun Moon Farm, and ReVision Energy have met to review ReVision’s proposal, including technical and siting details of the 95 kW PV system as well as financing options.
Next steps for 2020
- Farmers committing to purchase shares (1 share = 5000kW hour) for system output total of 117.6 MW hours/year of PV energy
- Finalize group of farmers by Spring, 2020 & complete installation by Summer, 2020
- Interested farmers should contact: email@example.com